Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Beef Marrow Dinner

I can't really take credit for the preparation of my dinner tonight, but it was simply too delicious to let it go without a post. I am housesitting, and so forced to prepare meals for one, which I will admit is not very inspiring. Thus, when I was plating an entree dish at work today - slow roasted beef shins - and asked to take the meat off the bones in order to make the portions and dish more presentable; I was happy to oblige as this rendered the beef marrow bones as otherwise unusable. I removed the fatty gelatinous pieces of marrow from their protective shells with the opposite end of a spoon, and reserved for tonight's dinner, which I proceeded to anticipate the rest of my day.


For the preparation I lightly toasted a slice of multigrain bread, and microwaved my portion of marrow for about 30 seconds. I spooned the marrow onto the bread allowing the melted fat to drip onto the bread. I accompanied the marrow toasts with some beat salad atop some arugula that I had also put together at work today. Voila, I truly lavish dinner of marrow toasts and beet salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment